A Curse Unbroken (Weird Girls) by Cecy Robson Review

Series: Weird Girls #5
Publish: March 10th 2015 by Loveswept
Format: ebook, 296 pages
Rating: 5 / 3.5
Synopsis: The preternatural world is changing. After a massive magical throwdown tore apart the established order, the dark elements are rebuilding their ranks unopposed. Celia Wird’s world is changing, too. She’s the mate of the pureblood were Aric, and his Warriors are honor-bound to protect her family as she and her sisters recover from unimaginable horrors.
Celia hesitates to reveal the true extent of the Wird sisters’ trauma, but they aren’t the only ones keeping secrets: Aric and the werewolf Elders are tracking a stone that grants limitless power. So is a tough coven of witches. Then Misha, a master vampire with his own plans for the stone, sends Celia after it. Can she and the vamps beat both the weres and the witches to the treasure before it falls into the wrong hands?
Fearing for Celia’s safety, Aric begs her to stay out of the hunt. What they don’t realize is that they’re the ones being hunted. But Celia’s ready to prove that she’s not easy prey.
Review:
  I was in live with the series from the first book first page. Celia story really captured my heart. So I was waiting for the time when she gets her happy ending. Finally we get to that point. However tha fact that Celia and Aric can be happy together is one of the only positive thing in this book for me. And sorry but I'm seriously dissapointed in this story. I think Celia part of the series shold've ended in the last book if not earlier. And not because I don't like it but I feel thats the point where it could've been ended with a bang. With this book I think the storyline, idea is overused. I didn't feel the importance or the function of it in relation of the whole story.

  There isn't any substantial plot behind the events. Everything is basicly about creating a rift between Celia and Aric, a rift they already overcome a couple of time in previous books. And everything was really pedictable practicly from the very beginning. I think it's irritating when for the readers it's obvious what happening and who is behind it but the characters are blind to it and hoplessly trying to find out what's the problem. That's my biggest problem with the book beside the complet lack of story.

  Most of the characters are the same, there are a couple of new one but nobody really important. I still love Celia but in this book we get to know a new side of her. Altought she gets injured to much for me but she doesn't let us down. Oh and the best part in the book is Celia and the magic rock relationship. Because of this I laughed a lot.
  Aric finally pulled himself together and started to fight for Celia. He is a little bit overprotective and overly jealous but he is with Celia at least.
  The other sisters however changed a lot and not in the good way. Especially Taran, whom I never liked but in this book I completly hated. She became an annoying girl who don't have a shred of self respect. Since she got much more attention than in former books it was even more exasperating. I know that she went trough a lot of ordeal but I just can't relate to her.

  All in all three things saved the book for me, Celia personality, her relationship and interactions with Shah and the happy ending (Finally!). I'm sorry that it's ended but I don't think that there would have been another story in this particular idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment